The Alphasmart NEO2 from Renaissance Learning is easy to use, lightweight, and affordable — designed to provide a wide range of computing capability on its own, and to integrate effortlessly with desktop and laptop computers. Like the popular AlphaSmart 3000, NEO offers a full-sized keyboard and extraordinary battery life, but adds a 50% larger display and twice as much memory. Neo is an ideal solution for maximizing classroom computer resources.
Reconditioned units may have minor signs of wear, labels, or other markings which do not affect their usability. They have been thoroughly cleaned and tested and are warrantied for 1 year. They have been updated to include the latest operating system and come with batteries and USB cable.
The NEO2 includes all of the great features educators have grown to love about the original NEO by AlphaSmart. Its new features make it even better for classroom use, including:
- Integration with Accelerated Reader—allows students to use NEO2 to answer AR quiz questions and submit responses to Renaissance Place for evaluation.
- Supports the 2Know! Toolbar—allows teachers to graph responses to on-the-fly, specific-answer, and short-answer quizzes.
- Wireless Printing so students can print documents without leaving their desks (receiver required).
The reconditioned NEO2 is the standard (non-rechargeable) version that operates with alkaline batteries.
Alphasmart NEO2 product sheet:
The NEO2 provides a range of display fonts:
Designed with students in mind. NEO2 is a rugged and lightweight learning tool that can be used anywhere, with 700 hours or more of operation on 3 AA alkaline batteries. Instant on/off and autosave eliminate start-up delays and accidental data loss.
Affordable and expandable. NEO2 offers the lowest cost of ownership compared to other computing technology. Plus, with the extensible SmartApplet architecture, new functionality can easily be added so you can get more from your Neo investment.
More than just mobile. The large screen and new font technology display up to twice as much text as the AlphaSmart 3000. Students can save hundreds of pages of text with room for SmartApplets — software programs extending classroom versatility.
- Three AA batteries
- USB cable
- IrDA port for printing and sending to IrDA-enabled devices
- AlphaSmart Manager software
- AlphaWord Plus and Calculator SmartApplets
- Keywords (keyboarding) and AlphaQuiz (quiz creation) Applets
- User’s guide
AlphaWord Plus, a full-featured word processor that provides:
- Eight active file spaces for one-key file access
- Named files for convenient file management
- Spell-Checking and Thesaurus
- User dictionary for adding additional words and terms
- Linked files for rubrics, homework instructions, or reference materials
- Find/replace and word count
- Spanish-English word lookup
- Built-in help system for quick access to command reference
Compatibility: NEO is compatible with Macintosh and Windows computers, as well as many IrDA-enabled and selected USB printers.
Keyboard: Supports QWERTY, Dvorak, Left and Right Handed layouts.
Weight: 2.0 lbs. (.91 kg)
Height: 1.75 in. (4.5 cm)
Width: 12.4 in. (31.5 cm)
Depth: 9.75 in. (24.7 cm)
Display: 5.75″ x 1.5″ LCD screen can be configured to display two, three, four, five, or six lines of text per screen in AlphaWord Plus word processor.
Storage Capacity: 2 MB of software (SmartApplet) storage, and 512 KB of data storage to hold hundreds of pages of single-spaced text.