The C-Pen Reader scanning pen is major technological breakthrough for anyone learning English, Spanish or French and is a life-saver for those who suffer from reading difficulties such as dyslexia. The C-Pen Reader is a totally portable, pocket-sized scanning pen that reads text out aloud with an English, Spanish or French human-like digital voice.
The in-built dictionary puts the power of Collins English, Oxford Primary, New Oxford American, Vox Spanish & Cordial French dictionaries in your hands. Simply pass the nib across a word and it instantly displays the definition and reads it aloud. It is also a scanner for capturing lines of text and uploading to a PC or Mac, making it ideal for students, teachers and professionals to capture essential information.
The scanning pen is half the size of other portable pen scanners on the market and at 50g is half the weight. Importantly this means it can be used by a younger generation of English, Spanish or French learners making this learning tool suitable for children (age 6+) and adults. This is the only portable line scanner on the market that is both Mac and PC compatible. There is no software required, just connect the pen up to a computer with a USB cable and it appears as an external hard drive. Other features include a built-in voice recorder with playback.
As well as promoting Independent Reading this pen features:
- Hear words & lines of text read aloud
- Collins English Dictionary 30th Anniversary Edition 10th edition, 200,000+ headwords
- Oxford Primary Dictionary, more than 16,500 words and phrases.
- New Oxford American Dictionary
- Vox Spanish, 60,000+ headwords
- Cordial French, 200,000+ headwords
- Scan, store & transfer to a PC or Mac (1GB of storage & downloads to a computer like using a USB key – no software required)
- Scan direct to the cursor on a computer
- A voice recorder
- Free future upgrades
- Available in a class pack of 10 pens
Want to see more videos of the C-Pen Reader in action? Click here!
- OCR Engine. C-Pen Reader contains high accuracy OCR (optical character recognition) that enables you to capture and save quotes and other text of interest instantly. The text is saved in text files which is then easily transferred to your computer. Extremely handy if you are a student or a researcher or if you just want to save some text of interest. Simply use the pen to scan a word, a paragraph, or why not full pages.
- Text to speech. Use C-Pen Reader to read printed text for you! C-Pen Reader features a high quality naturally speaking British English voice. Use it to listen to pronunciations or to help you read in general. Why not really benefit from the OCR and capture larger amount of text which C-Pen Reader reads for you while you follow the text in the text book visually? More senses = better learning.
- Dictionary. Not sure about a word? C-Pen ReaderPen contains high quality electronic dictionaries. Capture the word(s) and they are located in the dictionary for you. C-Pen Reader also remembers words that you have looked up and keeps the history available for you.
- Languages. Text-to-speech, OCR and user interface in English, French and Spanish.
- Voice Memos. Aside from everything else C-Pen Reader also features a microphone (and of course speaker and headphones connector) allowing you to record audio. Like voice memos. The audio files are saved in the device, can be retrieved and listened to any time. You can also upload the audio files to your computer.
- USB drive. C-Pen Reader also double as a USB drive. 1GB user space is available. Most likely enough to store a backup of your documents or other important files. Connect it to a USB port on your MAC, Windows or Linux computer.
- Interfaces. C-Pen Reader uses a standard micro USB connector for charging and connecting to computers, and a standard 3.5 mm connector for your favourite headphones.
- Compact. The C-Pen Reader is small, portable, and light making it easy to carry with you anywhere you like to read.
- Package Contents. ReaderPen, carry case, USB cable, instruction manual, and headphones
Looking for a scanning pen to use specifically in exam settings? The C-Pen Exam Reader allows users to independently scan and read exam content and excludes features which many not be permitted in exam settings, such as the dictionary.
C-Pen Reader Specifications
Screen OLED 256*64
Memory – 8GB (User 1G)
Scan Font Size Range 6.5 – 22 pt
Collins English Dictionary 30th Anniversary Edition 10th edition, 200,000+ headwords
Oxford Primary Dictionary, more than 16,500 words and phrases.
New Oxford American Dictionary
Vox Spanish, 60,000+ headwords
Cordial French, 200,000+ headwords
Certifications CE RoHS FCC
Size Dimensions: 135*33*19mm Weight: 50g
USB – USB 2.0 High speed / Micro USB
Extracted Content – Extracted text saved as a .txt file
File System – FAT\FAT32\NTFS
Menu Languages – English