Audio Notetaker software from Sonocent offers a visual and interactive form of note-taking, making audio the basis of your notes and not text. This approach requires minimal input, allowing you to focus on listening instead of on writing.
The Audio Notetaker is distributed as a digital download (both Mac and Windows-compatible installation files are provided). A link to download the software will be provided following purchase, and an activation code will be sent with the Order Confirmation email.
Audio can be imported from your computer or from another device (such as a digital recorder or phone) or recorded directly into the software using a microphone. Audio Notetaker displays each phrase from your recording as a coloured bar. You can see where you are in a recording and skip from phrase to phrase.
With Audio Notetaker, you can annotate your recordings with text or colour and import PowerPoint slides, PDF documents or images to go alongside your audio and text. This feature is especially useful for classes where lecture notes are distributed for download. Audio Notetaker can also benefit students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia, allowing them to prepare intuitive, audio-based course notes that can replace transcribed text.
Audio Notetaker is now available for immediate download. By selecting a Download option, you will receive a link to download the software, and an activation code will be sent with your order confirmation email following checkout.
Looking for an external microphone to record audio? The Samson Go Mic is a portable USB microphone that easily clips onto your laptop or can sit unobtrusively on your desk. Click here to order the Sonocent Audio Notetaker and Samson Go MIc bundle!
Product features demo:
- No need to take lengthy textual notes – Relax and use the audio!
- Take better, more comprehensive notes – Use slides, images, words and audio together in one place.
- Stop wasting time looking for stuff – Easy import, export, list and search.
- Use audio from anywhere – Record live through your mic or work on audio recorded somewhere else (phone, smart pen, Dictaphone).
- Create your notes at your own pace – You can always go back over your recording to create your notes at a pace that suits you.
- Simple and quick editing, easy export – There is no easier way to roughly edit speech.
Audio Notetaker has been designed to work on less powerful PCs, so it will most likely work with your computer, as long as it is running Windows XP or later.
The Mac version requires an Intel processor and Mac OS 10.5.8 Leopard or later.
Live recording requires a microphone. Supports mp3, wma, wav and m4a file formats.