TextAloud converts any text on your PC into spoken words. It runs in the background – ready to read aloud your text from email, web pages, and documents. You can listen immediately, or save audio files to hear later at your convenience.
To have text read out loud, highlight it with the mouse. You can have it read in place or you can have the selected text appear in the TextAloud window where each word is highlighted as it is spoken. The appearance of the text in this window can be customized to improve visibility. There are several voices to choose from and reading speed and pitch can be controlled to suit individual preferences.
This version of TextAloud includes Mike and Crystal voices from AT&T . These voices are the best available for clarity and you will be amazed at how natural they sound. TextAloud is easy to learn so you can put it to work for you right away.
- Text to Speech software for the Windows PC that converts your text from documents, email and webpages into natural-sounding speech.
- Struggling readers find listening to their reading can improve comprehension. Word highlighting in TextAloud helps strengthen recognition when you follow along. Also support weak or failing vision by hearing your text read aloud.
- TextAloud has built in web browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome and Edge. A floating toolbar lets TextAloud speak selected text from any window. Users of online save-for-later services Pocket and Instapaper can import bookmarked articles into TextAloud.
- TextAloud can save your daily reading to audio files for listening anywhere. A built-in file splitter utility as well as a batch file converter assist in converting your reading chapter by chapter to audio files. Also iTunes users can sync with TextAloud.
- Clear and accurate communications are a must in today’s world. TextAloud is a great tool to proofread your documents, reports, and email messages before they go out. Hearing your own words read back to you is a powerful way to catch errors the eyes often miss when typing.
- The interface is understandable for new users while also streamlined for higher volume work. Features and controls are optimized through years of feedback from a strong base of TextAloud users.