You can use WordQ along with almost any standard PC or Mac software that can be used for writing text (e.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). When you type a letter, WordQ predicts what you might want to write and displays a list of correctly spelled words from which you can choose. When you see the word you want, you can choose it with a single keystroke or with the mouse. If you need help deciding which word to use, each word can be read aloud before you make a selection.
When you’ve finished typing your sentence, WordQ can read it back to you. Then you can hear if there are any mistakes such as missing words or punctuation. Often you can hear mistakes that you can’t see.
- Advanced word prediction helps with spelling and grammar using three levels of vocabulary with a background prediction dictionary of 80,000 linguistically aligned words and phrases appropriate for elementary and secondary schools; profanity and bias-free.
- Easy-to-use interface supports offline writing across desktop applications.
- High-quality speech feedback allows students to hear what they write in a clear and pleasant voice to immediately capture mistakes independently.
- Proofreading mode guides students to readily find and correct spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Dynamic topics with integrated ThoughtQ technology helps students research and write about an unfamiliar topic.
- Includes SpeakQ (formerly sold separately, Windows only) Speech recognition with integrated SpeakQ technology supports students who have difficulty with conventional dictation software.
- Windows: Vista, 7, 8 or 10.
- Mac: OSX 10.9 or later.
License: Perpetual single-user, downloadable.